Four Wheel Driving Activities in Lesotho
The Lesotho Highlands offer some of the most fantastic off road driving you will encounter anywhere in Southern Africa. It is full of beautiful mountain passes (No less than nine) and deep river valleys with tremendous scenery were ever you look. They don’t call it the roof of Africa for nothing!
The roads and passes themselves offer varying challenges that can test driver and vehicle alike. Most of the countries roads are little more than dirt tracks, however the road network (such as it is) is slowly upgrading in line with the main roads.
Watch out for the weather though, as Lesotho can cycle through all four seasons in a single day leaving conditions varied and in places difficult. So whether you are in 4 wheels or just 2, the mountain Kingdom has a challenge for you that you will find both inspiring and rewarding at the end of the day.
Your weekend warriors, your hardcore 4WDers, and everyone in between will find suitably challenging routes not only in Lesotho as a whole, but also in the immediate vicinity of Ts’ehlanyane National Park.
The PDFs listed below provide guides to the different tracks available in Malibas vicinity.
- Route Overviews
- Route A – Maliba to Moeling[Cyan] and Moahloli [Pink]
- Route B – Maliba to Sebaka [Green], Khojane [Red], and St Dom [Blue]
- Route C – Maliba to St Dennis [Yellow]
- Route D – Maliba to Ha Pentsi [Pink]
- Route E – Maliba to Lentsoaneng [Blue], Ha Ntholi [Red], and Sakaleholo [Green]
- Route Entry Pictures – Provides photographs of the entry point for each track.