Dean Button snapped this great panoramic photo from the main deck while on honeymoon at Maliba.
Archive for Monthly Best
There’s no time like the present to hone your photographic skills to enable you to capture glorious travel photography fit for a gallery wall – or at least pride-of-place in your living room!
But the variation of subject matter and lighting conditions you’ll be greeted with while on holiday can be daunting to capture successfully, especially if you’re juggling quality time with your family against quality time with your digital camera!
1. Travel photography by its very nature is inspirational and exciting – but it’s easy to get carried away when you prepare what to take with you. Whilst it would be fantastic to take all of your kit abroad practicalities such as baggage allowance and insurance costs could mean you are better of hiring equipment on arrival or opting for lesser items. Ideally if you choose to take your own kit you’ll need to travel light: one body (unless you have the room for a spare), a wad of memory cards, a lightweight mini tripod or even the super flexible Gorillapod, portable storage unit, a pocket-size compact, a flash unit, a selection of lenses and a durable camera bag that distributes the weight evenly over your shoulders and protects against heat, cold, sand and moisture.
- 2 Tortilla Sheet (ready Cooked)
- 1 ripe Avocado, sliced
- julienne of Carrots, Cucumber & Onion
- 1 medium size Trout Fillet, smoked & shredded
- Hollandaise sauce Read more
- 1 Ostrich Fillet
- 8 Spinach Leaves
- 80g Tomato salsa
- 4 Potatoes
- 50g Melted Butter
- 50g Grated cheese
- 30ml Soy sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Christel van Heerden on snapped this quirky photo while on one their road trips around Lesotho while on honeymoon at the end of September. It was quite appropriate for the occasion it would seem.
We’re happy to be able to report that Christel and her new husband had a “magical time in the Mountain Kingdom…a very special Honeymoon indeed!” Needless to say they stayed in far more “comfortable” lodgings than below.
And we look forward to seeing them again (hopefully in a years time ).
A big thank you to Christel for sending us this image. Christel has won herself a Maliba Mountain Lodge peak cap which we will be sending to her shortly and entry into the grand prize (a weekend for 2 compliments of Maliba Mountain Lodge).
Starting in December, all our monthly photo contest winners will be put forward for the grand prize of a “weekend for 2 at Maliba Mountain Lodge”.
Please visit our facebook page and vote for your favourite. Only your votes count, so get voting! Winner will be announced just in time for Christmas.
- Serves 4 guests.
- Two Trout Fillets
- Four Spinach Leaves
- 80g Feta Cheese
- Four Filo Pastry sheets
- 50 g Melted Butter
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
A big thank you to Tim for sending us this image. Tim has won himself a Maliba Mountain Lodge peak cap which we will be sending to him shortly.
- 2 Beef Sirloin
- 200g of thinly slices mixed Peppers(red, Green, Yellow)
- 1 Carrot Peeled and thinly Sliced
- 2 Potatoes (Mashed)
- Salt and Pepper to correct seasoning
- 30g of B.B.Q Basting Sauce
- 60 g of pepper Sauce Knowrr
- 20g of Sliced button Mushroom
- 30g of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 10g cream
- 500 ml Sugar
- 310 ml Water
You can either use ground cinnamon or a cinnamon stick, the idea is to get the cinnamon flavour in the syrup. Read more