Chocolate Mousse and Blue Berry Chantilly in a Filo Cups
Write a review
- 8 Large Sheets of Filo Pastry (Thawed)
- 60g Clarified Butter
- 170g Good-quality Dark Chocolate minimum 60 per cent cocoa solids, rough chopped
- 7 Free Range Eggs
- ¼ tsp Fresh Quizzed Lemon Juice
- 40g Castor Sugar
Blue Berry Chantilly Cream
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g Blue Berry Compote
- 1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water).
- 2. Whisk the egg whites and lemon juice in a large, clean bowl until they form soft peaks. The lemon juice will stabilize the egg whites, make them easier to work with and help to prevent over-whisking.
- 3. Add the sugar and continue to whisk until firm peaks form when the whisk is removed. Do not whisk beyond this stage
- 4. When the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat. Whisk one-third of the egg whites into the hot chocolate quickly, until thick and well combined
- 5. Fold the remaining egg whites into the chocolate mixture, using a spatula, until all of the egg white has been completely incorporated into the chocolate.
- 6. Spoon the mousse mixture into Stainless Bowl. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until set.
Blue Berry Cream
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together on high speed until soft peaks form in the mixture, fold in the Blue Berry Compote and let it set in the fridge
For Filo cups
- Preheat oven to 180°. Butter every other cup in 6 or 12-cup muffin pan. Place 1 Filo rectangle on work surface; cover remaining Filo with plastic wrap and damp cloth to prevent drying. Brush rectangle with clarified Butter, Place second Filo rectangle on top of the first one, brush with Butter and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon Sugar. Repeat 2 more times, top with 1 more rectangle and brush with butter, making stack of 5 rectangles. Press each stack into 1 buttered muffin cup. Repeat procedure 2 more times, making 4 more Filo cups (6 totals).
- Bake Filo cups until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Immediately lift Filo cups from pan, twisting carefully to loosen; place on rack. Cool completely.
- Fill Filo cups with Chocolate Mousse top with Blue Berry Chantilly Cream, Raspberries and put on Plate and serve.
- Bon appétit
The Blanket Wrap http://maliba-lodge.com/blanketwrap/