- Over 1000 hotels, lodges, resorts & private islands are nominated every year
- In 2012 there where a 50% increase in countries participating in the World Luxury Hotel Awards
- Hotels can self-nominate or can be nominated by guests, tour operators and independent travel consultants to
- receive recognition for service excellence.
- Nominators have the opportunity to vote on an annual basis
- Voting criteria is purely based upon service excellence
- When the World Luxury Hotel Awards where launched the luxury hotel industry world-wide had absolutely no
- benchmark award system for hotels that have excelled
- The World Luxury Hotel Award judging process is not dependant on a board of directors, but by the industry itself
- in order for the voting system to be fair
- Final Judging Process:
- The 2012 World Luxury Hotel Awards voting was based on a country, continent and global basis.
- Each luxury hotel could participate in 1 up to 3 most appropriate categories from a selection categories available.
- The hotel in turn where competing within the category/categories selected on both a country, continent and
- global basis.
- Properties that received the most votes won on the global basis..
For regular updates visit the official homepage on www.luxuryhotelawards.com