- Serves 4 guests.
- Two Trout Fillets
- Four Spinach Leaves
- 80g Feta Cheese
- Four Filo Pastry sheets
- 50 g Melted Butter
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Marinate Trout fillet with Salt, Pepper & Lemon juice for 10 minutes.
- Sear Trout fillet on both sided, leave to cool.
- Blanch Spinach in Hot Water until wilted, drain excessive water.
- Melt Butter.
- Brush each Filo Pastry sheets with the melted Butter.
- Arrange 1st fillet of trout on the centre of Filo Sheets followed by Spinach, Nutmeg & crumble Feta Cheese and lastly 2nd Trout fillet.
- Wrap Filo Pastry around the filling, making sure the ends are firmly closed up, locking all the flavours in.
- Bake parcel for 6-10 minutes until the Filo is golden brown.
Dewald & Tshepo