The month of May:
Most of us don’t realize just how many holidays are celebrated across the world during the month of May. We all know that Mothers day is one of the biggies, but did you know that there are countries that celebrate national Teachers day, Holocaust Day, International Museum day and then my ultimate favourite is Ice Cream Day. What a wonderful thing to celebrate, and what better way to celebrate Ice Cream day with your Mother? Kids, it’s time to get ready for the ultimate Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce recipe! Let it be known that, yes, we love the month of May.
THE RECIPE: Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Belgium Chocolate Sauce
- One tub of your favourite Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 Bar One Chocolate
- 250ml Fresh Cream
- 20g Cacao Powder
- 50g toasted Hazelnuts
- 10g White Marshmallows
- 1 small slab of good quality Milk Chocolate
- Take a medium Sauce Pan and place on a low heated stove plate.
- Break the Milk Chocolate into pieces and allow to slowly melt.
- Slowly dust in the Cacao Powder and Hazelnuts and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Slice the Bar One Chocolate into small pieces and add to the Chocolate mixture, making sure to keep stirring in order to avoid clumps at the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the Marshmallows and the Cream and mix together, stirring lightly. It’s very important at this stage to make sure that the heat on the stove is very low, as you want the ingredients to slowly come together to create a smooth, voluptuous and velvety Sauce.
- Once all of the ingredients in the pot have melted, turn off the heat and remove from the stove.
- Using an Ice cream scoop, dish as many delicious scoops of Vanilla Ice cream into a bowl and pour over this decadent, irresistible Belgium Chocolate Sauce.
- Finish it with a sprinkle of Hazelnuts and allow yourself to indulge in this marvel that is going to make your toes curl upwards and your tong sing the Hallelujah Chorus.
- If you feel that the Chocolate Sauce is a bit too sweet for your liking, you can always substitute the Marshmallows with a pinch more Cacao Powder, making sure to use 100% real Cacao Powder.
- This Sauce is so rich and delicious that it will go with almost any Ice cream it meets. This Sauce is like that one friend you have who just seems to get along with everyone and seems to blend in with any situation.
- Coffee Bean Ice Cream will go really well with this Sauce
- Hot Chocolate drinks with a hit of this sauce will give it that extra sweet rich kick.
- This sauce is versatile and will go well with any dessert recipe that is creamy and needs a bit of richness, try it, you won’t be sorry.
This dish is as versatile as your imagination. It’s simple, luscious and brand new. Have fun with it and remember to enjoy every moment just like every bite you take!